How you can contact us:
Address: browngrotta arts, 276 Ridgefield Road, Wilton, CT 06897; 203-834-0623; email@example.com
About the information we collect about you
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services and to administer your use of the Services to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with browngrotta arts and the requirements of applicable law. We aim to collect only that information which is relevant for these purposes.
Who controls the data?
Data you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us, information from third parties and information that we collect through automated means. For example, we collect:
• Registration information you provide when you ask to be on our mailing list.
• Information you provide in purchasing a product.
• Information you provide in responding to a survey from browngrotta arts.
• Information you provide in responding to a special offer on purchases from browngrotta arts.
• Transaction information you provide when you request information or contact browngrotta arts.
• Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications, such as your public posts.
• Information we obtain from a third party, such as a site or platform provider, about use of our applications on third-party platforms or devices.
• Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
• Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences.
• Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will limit your ability to use our Services.
How we collect information
• We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services or information from us, register with us, participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, respond to User surveys, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
• We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
• We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
How we use this information
Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you, to:
• To enable us to provide you with our Services and to improve and promote our Services;
• To inform you occasionally about artists, artist news, publications, exhibitions and other events;
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
• Personalize content and experiences.
• Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
• Operate, understand, optimize, develop or improve our sites, applications, products, services and operations, including by performing User market research and using analytics tools.
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• We may aggregate and/or anonymize any information collected through the Service so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/Anonymous Information”). We may use Aggregate/Anonymous Information for any purpose and share such data with any third parties, including advertisers.
How we share your information with third parties
We will share your information in the following ways:
In order to fulfill our Services (for example, to a transport company to deliver an order to browngrotta arts);
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as: Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
• Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company is controlled by that company and becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
• When companies perform services on our behalf, like marketing and advertising and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law; and
• When we share your personal information with your consent, including when you post personal information on public forums or blogs accessible to third parties.
Your Controls and Choices
The laws in some jurisdictions require us to provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. To the extent those laws apply to you, your controls and choices may include:
• Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
• Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
• Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers (by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance);
• Controlling whether you want us to access location information, such as by controlling or disabling location services in your mobile device’s settings menu;
• Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads;
• Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or application.
You may exercise these controls and choices in various ways, including contacting us at browngrotta arts following instructions provided in communications sent to you, or by using your device or other available settings (for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads). You can opt out of interest-based ads by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance or using the opt-out mechanism in the “Interest Based Ads” link in the footer of the site you are visiting.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products and services to you, and some of our Services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Economic Area Residents: Legal bases for use of your Information & Controls and Choices
The laws in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions require us to provide Users, to the extent those laws apply to such Users, with the following information:
Legal grounds for use and disclosure of personal information:
• As necessary to perform our obligations under any contract with you, including to fulfill an order; or
• On the basis of implied or express consent, such as to send you certain information, including marketing communications, to share your information with partners when you have requested we do that, or to collect and process your information for research purposes if you have signed on to our mailing list or purchased a product; or
• For our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others such as to ensure the security of our Sites, operate and improve our business and our Sites, respond to your questions, engage in certain marketing, make and receive payments, comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud, conduct analysis, enforce our Terms, engage in a business change (e.g., sale, merger), to know User to whom we are providing the Service, and to create anonymous data.
• To protect the vital interests of the individual or others. For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
Controls and choices
• In addition, Users in the European Economic Area and some other jurisdictions outside the United States have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, to request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways (for example, if you opt out of the use of your telephone number for direct marketing, we might still decide to contact you by phone regarding potential fraud on your account).
• Users in the European Economic Area have the right to opt-out of all of our processing of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, they may contact us at email@example.com.
• The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In situations in which we process personal data on behalf of our User, we may refer the request to the relevant User and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that User.
• In addition to these rights, Users in the European Economic Area have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
Third-Party Content, Sites, and Contributions
How we look after your data and how long we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorized access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorized access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Data transfers, storage, and processing globally
Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. We do not share your personal information with third parties’ direct marketing use unless you elect that we do so. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed description of the specific content or information to. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.